Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In the Beginning.....


I am trying this out as a form of therapy. I have friends that use blogging to keep in touch, play, chat, etc. but I don't have the time or the energy for all of that. I love to write, and find it very relaxing, so I am trying this to see how it goes.
I also have a baby, Cole, who is four months old (almost 5) and I have realized that because I am so busy, I am horrible at keeping up with current pictures, filling out information in his baby book, etc. So maybe if I become addicted to blogging, the poor child will have some written proof of his childhood. And maybe I will meet some moms who do this all the time and they will constantly be asking me for new pictures of Cole. That way I HAVE to take pictures of him. I don't mean to sound like I never take pictures of him, but aren't new mothers supposed to have pictures coming out their ears? I don't. I took a lot of pictures through month 2 and have failed to take more than about 10 since then. I know. I am terrible.
For those of you who have no idea who I am, I live in Hot Springs, AR. I LOVE it here. It is beautiful. I love the outdoors and this is the perfect place for me. I am married to my best friend, his name is Jerry, and we are having a blast getting to know Cole. There is not a night that goes by that we do not laugh at him. He is hysterical.
The reason I have no time is because I am a Spanish teacher and I teach Distance Learning, through the tv to students at different school districts all over the state of Arkansas. On top of that, I love competitive cheerleading and am a cheer coach at Cheer Zone in Hot Springs. We travel all over and compete and it is a blast. I love my gym kids to death and they are the reason that I still coach, even though I don't really have the time. I am ALSO getting my Master's degree. I could have taken time off while I was pregnant or when Cole was born, but I didn't and I am proud of it. I will be finished in August. WooHoo!!!! Now you might think that reason I didn't take any time off is because I am strong, and determined, and hard-working. But that is not the case. The reason I didn't take any time off is because I feel like I have been in school for 8,000 years! The thought of prolonging that any more than necessary absolutely sends me into a panic attack. I am so sick of reading articles and writing papers until I would rather be physically and mentally worn out until August and be done than be worn out until Cole is 3.
So, I think that is a pretty good over view of my life. I will keep writing and send this website to all my folks and see what they think. Any of you who are just searching around and want to subscribe, feel free to do so. And any new moms that don't mind discussing poop, pee-pees, and snot, hit me up!

3 comments:

Patrice said...

This is great...you go girl. Now I want have to pester you for pictures. Zach has started one of these things which has games and such on it. Now I'll have something to do every morning...check for new updates.
Love to all, Patrice

Lisa said...

cole is adorable! i've thought about doing something like this for eli... it's a really good idea. i look forward to reading about your little family! great way to stay in touch. i'm adding you to my favorites for sure. love to you & cole from me & eli!

Nelda said...

How precious is Cole and how huge!!! Can't wait to see him again. I love the blog thing...amanda's been doing it from day one with the twins..it's neat to watch them change...
You are definately Melinda Jr. I don't know how you know your name! Hope to see you this weekend at Fuller's Chapel in NLR...We'll be there Fri. night through Sunday...Love ya, Nelda