Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Here we are a month later....

Ok, I am just going to stop making all the empty promises of being a better blogger. It happens when it happens, people, that's all I've got. I have been on the verge of a nervous breakdown for about two weeks now.....school is draining me. Walt and I also put our trailer up for sale so in my spare time I was trying to get it ready and show it to people whenever they called - not fun. Then, we sold it and had a ton of furniture we didn't need, so my sister-in-law and I had this bright idea to have a yard sale.......I will NEVER, EVER have another yard sale. We each made about $120. Which is better than nothing. But NOT WORTH THE WORK. I spent that much in gas getting ready for the darn thing, seing as how $120 will fill my gas tank once with a little left over. The moral of the story - one trip to GoodWill would have been cheaper, and a lot less stressful.

I have also been trying my hardest to lose weight. It is sooooo hard. I have done really well though, 35 pounds lost!!!! I still have about 20 to go, and it seems like this last 20 is definitely the hardest...they just don't come off as easy. But Tara (my sister-in-law), myself, and a friend of ours have been walking up at the school at least 5 times a week for about an hour and a half. But when I say walk, I don't mean your usual stroll in the park. We do lunges and squats and hike up those Fountain Lake stairs, so it has been really tough but definitely worth it. The only problem is, because of our schedules the only time we can go is around 6 or 7 - when my husband and baby come home for the day, and I'm out the door to go work out. So, I guess I've been feeling a little guilty about not being home much and plus there just aren't enough hours in the day!!!!


However, on a lighter note, I will be finished with school in 2 more days!!!! Yay!!!! I am not going to know what to do with myself with no homework, or papers, or driving to do! I am soooo excited to spend time at home with Cole and Jerry at night that I am just beside myself. I can't wait.

We are going to Florida on Friday. We are going to act like beach bums for 6 days straight, we've all agreed that this is a much needed vacation. My dad even says he needs to relax, and I don't ever think I've heard him say that in my life!!

Cole is of course getting bigger by the second!! He took his first steps last week, and I am sooo thankful I was there to witness them. He was standing up hanging on to the coffee table just babbling to himself and he noticed that I was sitting in the recliner close by and he just stumbled right over to me! And then of course I was cheering for him and yelling for Jerry to come see, and he was just BEAMING with pride.....standing up tall on his tippee-toes, with his head tilted back and grinning from ear to ear. It was so funny!! I also bought him a "big boy" car seat yesterday, so it will be fun to see his reaction to actually facing the front and sitting up in the car. He will like it soooo much better. After the trip to MS, we decided that for vacation we would go ahead and get the new car seat, he is at that age where he doesn't want to lay there, he wants to be sitting up and talking to everyone and act like a big boy, so, we'll see.....

I am attaching some pictures of......you guessed it, Cole! They are just random pictures from the summer and one of the three of us before church in MS. And by the way - thanks for the comments and a big congrats to Aunt Cindy for successfully posting one! She's been trying all this time! I can't figure it out either..... I am going to try to post a video of Cole - it was his first time swimming....hilarious!! He was all over the place and you will see why he keeps me on my toes (though most of you probably know), he is not afraid of anything!




3 comments:

Patrice said...

Oh Marlene....the video of "Cole" in the pool is soooo funny. I can tell he is not afraid of anything. You did good. Cheers to you and your new found spare time...yeah right. Keep um coming.
Patrice

Lisa said...

cole is adorable! i love the pics and the film of cole swimming--eli is just the same way w/ the camera... sometimes it is hard to get a shot of him doing anything other than reaching for the camera! i'm so glad you're through with school. & very impressed w/ your dedication to weight loss! i should take a page from your book to try to get off my last 15-20 pregnancy pounds! (yeah right)

hope to see you next time you're in town--truly! sorry we missed ya'll last time. xoxo to cole from eli!

diamondstatecurlygurl said...

OK girl - I want to hear what's going on at your house! I'm 'forced' to write on my blog right now about some class stuff (I finish this semester finally) and I"m like you.. I'll do it when I can :-/ But I know I'm not the only one out there that would LOVE to hear about your kiddos! much love, tammy