Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Go Baby Go!





























Ok, I know i am awful at this, I told you I would be. It has been about 5 weeks since my last blog and so much has happened. After Cole rolled over, he finally started to push himself up into push-up position! It was hilarious! He would just sit there like he was gonna do a push-up and look up at me and Jerry like "Look what I can do!". And then he started scooting, but mainly with his legs. It seemed to be very awkward for him, almost like he couldn't figure out that his arms had to work WITH his legs! And then it happened, he just started taking off.....and before we knew it he was in a different room, and then before we knew it he had managed to get every spec of dirt in my floors on his face.

So, last weekend, I had my final portfolio interview with the Teachers College at Henderson. Thank the good Lord that is over! I still have two classes to take this summer, but they will be nothing compared to that portfolio class. And then I will have a Master's degree!!!! Jerry's sister Tara kept Cole for me while i had my interview, so once I was finished, I used some time to get my floors "ready" for Cole. I vacuumed every inch of every floor in my house, and paid special attention to the corners and along the trim. It took me like 4 hours just to clean the floors!

And then he came home. I had put him over in his play pen while I went outside to do something, and I came back in and the little monkey was STANDING UP, hanging on to the top of it, trying to peer over the play pen. I almost cried. I mean, not only is my kid now a big kid, but all I could think was now I have to get everything in the house ready for that level! Like the coffee table and end tables and chairs and all of that. I mean, how am I supposed to keep up with him???!!!!!
He is also saying "da da". Now, he doesn't say it like he knows that is Jerry, he just kind of babbles, "da da da da da da da". I am fighting it with my utmost power. "Say mama. Mama. Mama. Mama." And he looks straight at me and says, "da da". Jerry obviously thinks it is hilarious and he is just smitten with Cole. I love watching them together. Cole LOVES him. He is always looking around to see where Jerry is and then he will just crawl over to him and sit at his feet or pull up on his leg. It is so cute!

I am going to stop for now, I am sure there will be something different to report next week. I will try and do better with the blog now that school is finished. Love to all!!!


Oh - and I am posting some pics of Jerry and my Grandpa's fish they caught over Spring Break.
*I cannot figure out how to format the pictures with the text, so it looks awful. Sorry!




No comments: